Sunday, January 15, 2006

 

First Post!

So...where to begin??? I guess I'll start out with a brief summary of what it is I'd like to accomplish on this site... and I'm not really sure what that is yet. I'm new to the blogging thing, and I have no idea what I really want to do. Signing up was pretty much an impulsive thing to begin with.

I do know that one of my New Year's resolutions is to try at least 1 new beer every day this year. And they have to be beers that are new to me. I have only recently started to become beer obsessed. As of the end of 2005 I've only had 195 different beers, which makes it a good time to try this kind of project. My goal is to end 2006 with 560 beers. I still consider myself a beer novice but I do indeed have the love. I have read other blogs and review sites where people have had 2,000-3,000 different beers. Eventually I will get there but I have no delusions of grandeur regarding my... beer prowess. My beer philosophy is not to be snotty about it but to enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed... with good people and in mass quantities!

In addition I will be talking about various beer related events I will be attending, and local bars.

And while I'm at it, non-beer related thoughts will be posted.

At the moment I am enjoying a bottle of Weyerbacher Winter Ale. Today was a very cold day in New York, and winter seasonal beers are the perfect remedy for joints aching from shoveling the snow. This particular beer pours a nice mahogany color and is very smooth drinking. I also loved the roasty malt flavors. A good choice for the winter and I'm glad I bought a six-pack of it up front.

Coming up next...I'll talk about my most recent visit to David Copperfield's and give a run down of the new beers I've had in 2006 thus far.

Comments:
Congratulations and good luck! Drinking more beer is always an admirable undertaking.

-AC
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?