Monday, January 16, 2006

 

Six-Pack Switch-A-Roo

Checking back in with a quick post...

I had off today so I went up to the closest supermarket in the neighborhood just to get a few things. I like where I live but the downside is there are no good beer bars within walking distance and no stores that sell good beer (outside of 1 market which has a handful of Belgian beers).

One of my local supermarkets takes all bottles out of their six-packs and only sells the bottles individually. They have the right idea there but their selection is all the usual mass-market stuff, with really only a handful of them that I haven't tried. Another supermarket occasionally carries a microbrew or two but I didn't feel like walking in that direction today.

This supermarket I went to instead is not much better in their selection and sells only by the six-pack. I try not to buy anything here but it is the closest place and it was very cold. But they do have the Saranac mix pack which gives you 2 pale ales, 2 lagers, a black & tan, and an IPA.

So what else is one to do except perform a little "customization?"

The trick at the end is to make sure you go to the register manned by whomever looks the most apathetic. This person is usually a teenage girl filing her nails in between ringing up groceries. You don't want to go to an old lady or someone who looks like they might care (a manager perhaps).

When are they going to open a Whole Foods around here?

Coming up, hopefully later tonight... that whole recap I promised.

By the way, I don't know if anyone is actually reading this, but if you are, I'd love to hear your comments. Feel free to post below.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?