Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Hammered!

A visit to David Copperfield's is always a great experience. Last night was Kill the Keg Wednesday and Sleeman's Cream Ale was $3 a pint. I passed up on that but Big Daddy Cal put forth his best effort to try and finish it off by having 2.

Having ordered the excellent southwest chicken sandwich I started out instead with...

47) Boulder Beer Mojo IPA - I enjoy their Hazed & Infused which is widely available in many stores around here. This was a very good IPA. Very well balanced hops and malt character. Refreshing citrus finish. Recommended. I look forward to trying more of their output soon.

Next up I just had to get a glass of the Heavyweight Perkuno's Hammer. As always an enjoyable brew. Big Daddy Cal ordered one of these (on me) and also had the cask selection, to which I followed suit:

48) Sixpoint Grand Crue - This is a new one from Sixpoint, which is based out of Brooklyn. These guys definitely have a lot of potential. This was 15% ABV and an excellent after dinner beer.

I stopped there even though I could have allowed myself to try one more new one.

48 beers thus far leaves 317 to go. Today is going to be a beer free/go to the gym day. Either tomorrow night or Saturday I will have beer #49, which will probably be a crap bottle I have at home.

Sunday is big #50

Comments:
I heard #50 was the best around...nothing about it will ever keep you down...the best around.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?