Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

Weekend Recap

There was no updates recently because I was too busy. So first here is my recap of Bear Republic night at the Hop Devil Grill.

$20 got you a flight of 6 beers in 8 oz. glasses. It was quite a nice lineup:

75) Bear Republic Ricardos Red Wheat - This was the first time this beer was available in NYC, and it is a pretty rare one either way. However, it was just a decent American wheat beer.

76) Bear Republic Racer X Strong Ale - Only the 2nd time this was on tap in NYC. Very hoppy with citrus flavors. It was nice but I have had better double IPAs.

77) Bear Republic Pete Brown Tribute Ale - What better way to pay tribute to a guy named Pete Brown than by making a brown ale? This was a good brown ale, though it is probably my least favorite style. I can usually handle a few sips but after a while I find the molasses flavors to be too sweet and overpowering.

78) Bear Republic Racer 5 - Hands down one of the best IPAs I have ever had. I think this one probably stole the show.

79) Bear Republic Red Rocket Ale - I love hops, so I loved this one.

80) Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye Ale - This blew away the Red Rocket. Almost up there with the Stone Arrogant Bastard.

This weekend there have been other beers. Check back again on Monday because Sunday has only just started.

81) HeBrew Messiah Bold - A brown ale. One dimensional but at least it wasn't overly sweet.

82) Wild Goose India Pale Ale - Got this as part of my beer of the month club shipment. For some reason I may have missed out on a shipment unless they are shipping my beers bi-monthly. Oh well. I'll address that another day when I am sober. Typical of the style but nothing memorable.

Last night popped into another local supermarket. Lo and behold they had tons of Lithuanian beers from Svyturys. Picked up a couple of bottles for myself and some for my mom.

83) Svyturys Baltas - This is a German style hef. Kinda boring but drinkable.

And...

At this very moment...

84) Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale - This one appears to have won some awards. Very good beer and a very good pale ale. Hops are not overpowering. I guess it could use a little more but it is a well balanced beer. Also from the beer of the month club.

84 beers down with 281 to go. Today is the 57th day of the year so I am almost a month ahead.

Good god I've got to slow it down...

No more for today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?