Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 

You know you're in trouble when...

...you're taking a shower, and you describe the aroma of your shampoo as having "floral hop notes."

That's the exact thought I had this morning. No, I didn't switch out my shampoo bottle for an IPA. I'm just crazy.

So here is the much anticipated recap of this past weekends beers. Friday night I had a big can of:

56) Fosters Special Bitter - I rather liked this. I don't think it was really an ale as labeled on the can but for a lager style beer it was pretty good stuff. Dominated by malt characteristics.

Saturday was pretty much a day of drinking. I started off bright and early with:

57) Czechvar - This is a crisp and dry pilsener. Really enjoyable.

58) Zhiguly Beer Grand 9.5 - Being half-Lithuanian (and half-Japanese - who could ever guess that combination?) I felt a responsibility to try this beer. I've only had 1 other Lithuanian beer in my life. The first sign of trouble is right there on the upper right-hand corner where it says "99ยข." I picked it up with no intention of buying it until I saw it was from Lithuania. What a disgusting concoction. Sadly I picked up a bottle for my mom but I will have to warn her about the caustic metallic finish that accompanies this brew. Yuck!

59) Becks Dark - This is a dunkel. Pours a light brown with aromas of roasted malt. Decent but the body felt a little thin to me.

Sunday I added one more:

60) Petes Wicked Wanderlust Cream Ale - This one also had a somewhat bitter finish.

60 down - 305 to go. Don't know if I'll have anything tonight. Maybe 1 new beer at the most. Tomorrow I will be attending the Weyerbacher event at Hop Devil Grill along with Big Daddy Cal. They will be there featuring the following:

Insanity oak aged barleywine
Old Heathen
Rasberry Imperial Stout
Blithering Idiot
Hops Infusion
Heresy
Quad

Should be fun, and there are some new ones on that list for me to try.

Comments:
No way pork chops keeps the books. Chris in Cali is bad, bad news. He will become marijuana.

You can't go wrong with the Moonglow. I still have 1 left.

The city is fast becoming one of the best places for beer however there are still many breweries who don't have NY distribution.

GREAT DIVIDE I AM LOOKING IN YOUR DIRECTION!

GIVE ME MY OAK AGED YETI!

IT IS MY RIGHT AS AN AMERICAN!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?