Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Anata wa biiru o nomitai desu ka?

Okay, I promise that will be the last Japanese title I use this year.

Level 3 Japanese class is over. I would take the regular level 4 but unfortunately it starts at 6:10 pm on weekdays and I get out of work at 6. Therefore I will have to rely on Japanese friends to practice with. They are all female and joke with me that if I only talk to them I will wind up sounding like a girl.

Last night I made 2 kinds of burgers. One was the usual BBQ bacon cheddar burger (the recipe for which is somewhere on this blog) and the other was a new concoction that I will call the French Onion Soup burger. Mash red wine and worcestershire sauce into the meat. Then saute some onions and put them on top of the burger, top with gruyere cheese and prepare a little onion soup on the side for dipping. I took some photos and I am still going to have to hone the recipe a bit but it was pretty good. I will have to get a better digital camera and some kind of photo site going.

Had the following new beers this weekend:

92) Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout - Exciting stuff and to this point the best oatmeal stout I have ever had. I got a lot of molasses flavors out of it along with a slight smokiness on the finish.

93) Gearys Pale Ale - An English style pale ale but mediocre and not complex enough. I admit I have to try some of the better versions of this style because the ones I have had so far haven't impressed me.

93 beers down and 272 to go. I imagine I will have another new bottle tonight (since I bought a batch yesterday) and then this Wednesday I am planning a visit to Stout NYC to drink with some Marillion fans, including one from across the pond. Should be a good time...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?