Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

A Proud, Proud Day...

I am currently basking in the glory that is the victory of Japan over the rest of the world in the World Baseball Classic.

I had no doubt in my mind that Daisuke Matsuzaka would lead team Japan to victory over Cuba.

It is indeed a day to be proud of my Japanese heritage.

BANZAI!!!

It is also a proud day because I have reached a milestone.

BEER #100 for 2006!

Here it is folks, the beer that had this prestigious honor:

100) Victory Old Horizontal - This wonderful barley wine comes to us from Victory brewing. My reasoning for choosing this beer for the honor of #100 is twofold. First, Victory is currently my favorite brewery. They never fail to disappoint. Everything I have had from them has been top quality and I can easily say this is a good candidate for my top 10. Second, so confident was I in Japanese victory in the WBC that I decided what better way to pre-emptively celebrate than by drinking in the Victory!

I do have to admit, at first I was skeptical about the WBC and was very against it simply because I do not like change but now that it has played out and was such a huge success with the fans I cannot wait for the next one. It was a real treat to see meaningful and hard fought games so early in the year. There was truly a special energy and vibe coming from those crowds, something which has been lacking in the World Series lately.

So obviously 100 beers down means 265 to go. I may have a new one tonight at dinner, depending on where I go. A return to David Copperfield's is in the cards for tomorrow night, where I'm sure I'll add another 2-3 to the list, setting me up for my friend's homebrew on Saturday which will be #105 for the year and #300 for my "career."

BANZAI!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?