Monday, April 17, 2006

 

A-B... F-U!

Last Friday I didn't get the chance to go to New Beer Distributors. I was carrying two laptop bags and there was no way I would be able to lug any beer along for the ride home. I'll try again another time.

Saturday I paid a visit to Nevada Smith's to watch a Newcastle vs. Wigan match. Nevada's doesn't serve any food (unless you like Dublin pies) so I stopped off at Blue 9 Burger before the game and got a double cheeseburger. Very tasty.

Cracka is a big Newcastle fan and he shows up there with the Toon Army to watch all the big matches. Wasn't a big crowd this time but it was a really nice day so maybe that had something to do with it. I've always hated soccer but each match I watch my tolerance for it grows as does my understanding of the game. I still know next to nothing and would much rather watch 5 or 6 other sports first but I can now sit through a whole game.

During the game I had 2 new beers, thus finishing up Nevada's tap lineup.

124) Spaten Premium Lager - Nothing mind-blowing but easy drinking. Nice way to start the day.

125) Bare Knuckle Stout - Not bad, but it is brewed by the evil Anheuser-Busch organization. That wouldn't bother me all that much if not for the fact that their actual commercial description according to Ratebeer.com states: "Bare Knuckle Stout is Anheuser–Busch’s warrior that is intended to combat the increasing sales of Guinness." Fuck you guys.

After the game, which was won by Newcastle, we headed down to the St. Mark's Ale House to watch the Mets lose to the Brewers. They have a good tap list but there was only 1 I hadn't had.

126) Spring Heat Spiced Wheat - Ugh. So awful it put me to sleep quite literally. A Belgian style witbier but just nasty tasting and sour as hell.

126 down and 239 to go. This Wednesday there is an event at the Hop Devil Grill so I will be going to that to add about 5 more to the list. Then I'm going to Orlando on business until the end of the month, so here is where that all important 20-25 beer buffer is going to come in handy.

Comments:
I have pictorial evidence of our alleged "beer drinker" taking a nice nap....on the table at the bar. Sad really. Look at it this way, at least you are up to 3 beers before passing out. Way to go little guy!

Cracka

P.S. SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE THE TOON, SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE THE TOON, SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE THE TOON, SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE THE TOON!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?