Friday, April 07, 2006

 

Post #50

I really can't think of a better title at this time. The last week has been a roller coaster ride. I'm probably also getting senile.

On Tuesday, as promised, I went to the Waterfront Ale House with some friends. I had the Texas dip to eat (which is a southern take on the French dip) and a few brews.

Started with:

114) Sierra Nevada Scotch Ale - Can anyone confirm if this is a relatively new release from Sierra Nevada? I wasn't sure but I haven't seen it before. I only recall this beer being very sweet. Nothing to get thrilled about.

Then had:

115) Avery The Maharaja Imperial India Pale Ale - A great beer to liven up the conversation. Part of Avery's "Dictator" series. Really big beer and very in-your-face with the hops. 112 IBUs, I believe. Very powerful stuff. Cracka would gag on the finish, that wuss.

Went to last nights Mets game. There was really a "full moon" kind of vibe in the stadium the whole night. Fans were rowdy, it was Pedro's first game of the year, there was a near brawl, one of the umps may have died, big hits galore. Very strange night indeed.

I blew a chance to have a new beer last night but I'll get it next time. Instead I had a Widmer Bros. Hef. from the "brewhouse" on the field level. It was .25 cents cheaper than the macros. Hopefully when the new stadium opens up there will be more choices and they will be spread throughout the whole park, rather than just having a few good beers in this one place.

Tonight is Big Daddy Cal's birthday party and the celebration is to take place at David Copperfield's. I'll look to probably just have 2 new beers tonight along with dinner, as I've been eating too much lately to do any more than that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?