Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 

Weekend summary

Don't have a lot of time but here's a quick summary. Had a pint of Heavyweight Lunacy via tap at Waterfront Ale House. This isn't a new beer to me so it doesn't count but the bottle was so much better. Also I think that the line was maybe dirty, because the taste was pretty far off from what I remembered about that beer.

I'm still dealing with a lot of personal things so I'll cut right to the chase with a quick recap:

111) Paulaner Hefeweissbier - This, the Ayinger Brau Weisse and the Weihenstephaner Hef are the best of this style that I've had. Amazingly refreshing and enjoyable banana flavors. The Germans are the best in the world when it comes to wheat beers.

Stopped into Copperfield's for a quick couple of pints.

112) Southern Tier IPA - One of the better IPAs that I have had. Aromatic with a nice bite to it. Definitely try this and support New York brewers!

113) Rogue Chocolate Stout - This was love at first taste... or was it smell. This smelled so good I was seriously debating whether or not I should even drink it. You know that smell when you open a good bar of dark chocolate? Those aromas were just wafting out of the glass. My new favorite stout, not including imperials. Rogue is going up on the link list.

252 left to go. I will probably go back to the Waterfront Ale House after work today and add another couple.

Comments:
What about the quality brew you had at Shea?

-Cracka
 
(cough...cough...) ahem... I will not confirm nor deny my presence at Shea Stadium, and if such presence could be proved I will not confirm nor deny that beverages were consumed, and if such consumption could be proved I will not confirm nor deny the name of the beverage which was consumed.

Open Container Law.
 
You're beautiful!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?