Friday, April 14, 2006

 

Ye Olde Extended Lunch

Yesterday was incredibly dead at the office. Almost nobody was around. I was about to go to lunch (anyplace with the Mets game on would have been fine), I walk around the corner, and one of my colleagues says "hey, go to lunch with us, we're going to Stout."

Lunch? Stout? I'm there, dude.

So off we went to Stout for our European style lunch "hour."

Shared some appetizers and I had a burger with bacon and swiss. I asked for it medium rare but it was well done. I ate it anyways.

Most of the TVs had the Yankee game on, but if the Mets keep on rolling, by mid-season I would imagine the balance will shift.

THE WORM IS TURNING! This will be a Mets town again real soon. Nobody wants to see boring overpaid A-Rod, Damon, Unit, Posada, etc. Jose Reyes, David Wright, Beltran... these guys bring youth and enthusiasm. And they are a TEAM. Not just a collection of names like the Yankees are. Ultimately that is why the Yankees will disappoint yet again in 2006 while the Mets continue their rise.

Suck it, Yankee fans.

Anyway, I had the following:

123) Fullers London Pride - Pretty enjoyable stuff. I like the malty characteristics of this bitter. It had a very rich and caramel-like quality to it.

So that's today's quick post. 123 beers down and 242 to go. Tonight I will be cooking up a batch of tonkatsu, but first I believe a stop at New Beer Distributors around lunchtime is in order.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?