Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

Falling behind

No, I'm not falling behind on my goal. That is going along just as planned. I am falling behind on my blogging lately!

I promised that I would write a food article next but since I don't have that set of pics with me at the moment, I will hold off on that until next time and go back to the beer.

Late Monday night I strolled into David Copperfield's and decided to have another beer to add to my list. The kitchen was closed so it was just Joe the bartender and a few locals/beer lovers. And me.

I sat myself down at the bar and ordered...

194) Oskar Blues Gordon - These guys brew out of Colorado. I've loved all the Oskar Blues output that I've tried thus far. This was no exception. I think they put out a lot of other beers but their main ones are this, the Old Chub, and Dale's Pale. This pours with a dark reddish-copper color with abundant floral hops aroma. There was actually a bit of a sweet malty taste to this to balance the hops. An amazingly easy drinking brew, you've gotta be careful because it is 9.2% alc and you won't be able to tell.


Gordon

Got another one after this...

195) Sixpoint Gemini - Sixpoint brews out of Brooklyn, and I think they have potential to give the Brooklyn Brewery a run for their money if they could get more recognition and distributorship. I couldn't find any information about this beer on the web so I assume its another new release from Sixpoint. As with the previous beer I had, its also a double IPA. As you can see, this was served in a goblet, indicating that its probably more potent than the Gordon. The head of this beer was nice and tall, long lasting with fine bubbles. I think this was a more typical style double IPA than the Gordon.


Sixpoint Gemini

195 down and 170 to go.

During my time at Copperfield's I had the opportunity to chat with a couple of the locals, Bill and Angelo, along with Joe the bartender. We talked about all kinds of things... beer, the World Cup, beer, life, travel, beer, what its like to work the bar and manage the taplist. I told them about my blog and hopefully I'll run into these guys again.

That's the great thing about good beer - it opens up the conversation and you get to meet all kinds of people, which I love to do.

Tonight and tomorrow I'm going to Copperfield's again. Tonight mainly for dinner, though I'll try at least one new beer, but tomorrow night they have the Captain Lawrence event, which I'm pretty excited about.

Back again soon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?