Wednesday, June 07, 2006

 

Gavroche

Here's the latest on the beer front:

172) Gavroche - This bottle was received via the Beer of the Month club. I have to remind myself to check on how many months I have left, because my subscription is probably expiring soon and I don't want to miss any months. Anyways... this is from France and is a Biere de Garde which translates to "beer for keeping." This is also the first of the style that I've had, so I've really got nothing to compare it to. As you can see from the picture the first thing I noticed (and I had been warned about this style) is the huge foamy head. It takes forever to go down. The color of the beer is a nice copper. Aromas are yeasty, which reminds one of a Belgian ale, but there is some earthy qualities to it as well. At 8.5% alc. it looks to contain a little more than others in the style, and you can definitely taste it. Overall I enjoyed this and hopefully over the next two bottles I will be able to learn a little more about the nuances of this style.


Gavroche

172 down and 193 to go. Tonight my plan is to open a porter but you will have to wait until tomorrow to find out which one it is.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?