Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

Glasnost

The Russian term glasnost means "openness" and that is really the theme of this year's beer adventure. To be open to all kinds of new beer and open to debate about each one.

Here's the latest I had, in keeping with the Russian theme:

177) Zhigulevskoye (Samara) - The actual brewery is named "OAO Zhigulovskiy Pivo-Byezalkogolniy Kombinat". Samara is the city in Russia where this is from. The head is nice and fluffy, and the aroma is just like that of a Heineken. In fact, if you switched this out with a Heineken in a blind taste test you might not be able to tell the difference. I thought this had a more pleasant finish though. Not bad and for the price I got it, maybe I'll get a few more to keep on hand for the summer months.


Is official drink of KGB... not really.

That's 177 down and 188 to go. I would do the math all in Russian but I would probably just screw it up. Tonight's plan is to have yet another Russian lager, in keeping with the theme, with a possible visit out to one of the bars tomorrow night.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?