Thursday, June 22, 2006

 

Huge World Tour Update

Haven't updated for a few days because I was being retarded and forgot to email myself the pictures I had taken.

I'm going to go through the Russian, Ukranian, and Czech beers I had recently. Some of them were decent, others... not so much.

Here goes:

185) Zolotaya Bochka Klassicheskoe - This was pretty basic and inoffensive for the most part. It's a Russian lager and the characteristics were pretty much the same as the others I had.


Glasnost!

186) Zolotaya Bochka Vyderzhannoe - This is a Vienna style lager. But it was kind of boring and not at all vibrant like the Brooklyn Lager. What I'm really trying to say is that its not a standout, but not a bad effort.


Bow to Mother Russia!

187) Slavutych Ekstra - We move from Russia to the Ukraine with this one. At first I thought this was a different beer because I couldn't understand the label but I finally figured it out. This is another pale lager, but of all the ones I had recently, its easily the standout. It's a serious challenger to Yuengling as the best lager I've had. Fuck that, this is better and I will be returning to the same supermarket to clean out their supply. Great everyday beer. Look at how good the pour looks below. Notice the tall head. Aroma was excellent all around. More complex than your average lager. Mouthfeel was smooth and the flavor was like dough before you bake it.


This beer rules.

188) BB Burgerbrau - After our brief detour in the Ukraine, we move to the Czech Republic. The actual name of this is "B.B. Originál Svetly Lezák Budweiser Bier" but I guess they can't use that in the states. Don't confuse this with the Bud we all know and hate either. This is a bohemian style pilsner. I had heard good things about this pils but I have to admit I was a little underwhelmed. It's simple and certainly its nothing bad but I don't know... maybe I've been spoiled by the last couple of Pilsner Urquells I had which were on point. But you could do much worse than this in choosing a beer for the summer months.


The better Bud

189) Nova Paka Brou Czech 3.5 - From the land of great pilsners comes this dud. It was just awful and I wondered if they just filled the bottle with a Bud. In the brief seconds that the head lasted, I was able to snap this picture. The taste was just way, way off and the body was wimpy. Really disappointing.


This beer doesn't really deserve a clear picture, I guess.

190) Krusovice Imperial 12° - This concludes our trek through all things Czech. I wasn't planning on having another beer but after the debacle that was #189, I had to rectify it somewhat. This was much better than the previous entry, though it was just an average Czech pils. Typical of the style, nothing really stood out as particularly memorable here.


Krusovice Imperial 12°

So we are now at 190 beers leaving me 175 to go. I still have a slew of bottles to go through, and tonight there is an Avery Brewing event at the Hop Devil Grill, though I'm not sure if I will go to that or not. Only 10 more to hit 200 for the year!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?