Thursday, June 08, 2006

 

Utenos Porter

As promised I had another new one last night.

173) Utenos Porter - This is a Baltic porter from Lithuania. Only the 2nd Baltic I've had and I have to say up front that this is nowhere near as good as the Perkuno's Hammer from NJ. The pour is dark but against the light its not as opaque as I would have expected. Head dissipates quickly. The nose is all sweet caramel. The taste of the beer is also quite sweet, leaning towards the syrupy side, with raisins and other dark fruits being the primary flavors here. You can also taste the alcohol on the finish.


Why does this photo look like it was taken in 1975?

Tonight I'll have another, as it stands now I am at 173 with 192 to go. At some point I need to get more proper glassware for all these different styles of beer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?