Sunday, June 25, 2006

 

What in the Sam Hef?!

Back again with the latest beer update.

Raided my dad's fridge over the last weekend and took home 2 bottles from a Sam Adams summer variety case that I hadn't had before.

191) Samuel Adams Hefeweizen - Typical American style hef. Pour is cloudy, as you can see in the pic below. The pics on this site are about to get a lot better, but I'll explain later. I haven't really had an American hef that I have wanted to drink over and over again. The German styles are where its at.


Cloudy picture of a cloudy beer

Yesterday I bought a new digital camera. I got a Canon PowerShot SD450. I was going to get the SD600 but I didn't the extra mega-pixel was worth the extra money.

I feel kind of weird because I am now using the same camera as my friend Robyn (aka The Girl Who Ate Everything), and I feel like a copycat. I spent most of the time in the store staring at the camera thinking "uhhh... it's a good camera but... should I copy Robyn or tread another path?"

Why mess with success.

Had another new beer, mainly so I could test the new camera.

192) Schwelmer Pils - Awesome German pils. First, check out the nice pic below. The first pic I took with the new camera so maybe I didn't setup all the options yet but you can already see how much clearer it is than the others on this site. The aroma of this pils is subtle but there are definitely hints of crusty French bread. Very nice bitter finish.


HALLEJUJAH! A CLEAR PIC!

Also added another just a while ago:

193) Samuel Adams Pale Ale - This pale ale from Sam Adams is done in the English style and is made with Fuggles and Golding hops. Malty and hoppy, this is a well-balanced beer, but I wasn't overly impressed.


Sam Adams Pale Ale

193 down and 172 to go. This week I don't anticipate too much progress on the beer front, but like the New York Mets, I've got a comfortable lead.

Check back soon for a FOOD update!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?