Thursday, July 13, 2006

 

A Few Additions...

Here is the latest!

The other night I opened a bottle from the Beer of the Month club.

214) GĂ©ants Ducassis - A fruit beer fermented with black currant. Pours a purplish-red. I'll be honest and say this wasn't my thing. I thought the mouthfeel was too carbonated. The taste was very similar to a flavored seltzer.


Ducassis

215) Millstream Johns Generations White Ale - Also from the club shipment, this is a Belgian style witbier but its brewed out of Iowa. I don't know if its an easy style to make or what, but this was just another fabulous interpretation of the style. Nice hazy gold color to it, and a sweet aroma dominated by orange peel notes. You get that in the flavor as well, along with some spice. Smooth finish with a pleasant malty aftertaste.


John's Generation White Ale

216) Dock Street Amber - Just as the name implies, its an amber ale. It is actually contract brewed by the Matt Brewing Company, same people who make Saranac. Nice amber hue with a quickly diminishing head. Subtle, sweet aromas with a hint of caramel. Nothing memorable in the taste, but it is easy drinking with a clean finish.


Dock St. Amber

216 down and 149 to go. I know its not the right weather, but I may have a barleywine tonight depending on how I feel. I went to the gym this morning, so I will have nothing to do tonight, so maybe I'll have it as a nice nightcap.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?