Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

Saranac Update

The latest beers I added to my list are both from Saranac, actually the Matt Brewing Company.

212) Saranac Traditional Lager - There wasn't much of a head on this premium lager. The color, as you can see, is a see-through gold. Light aroma of malt and grains. It's bitter right from the get-go, then the finish is kind of smooth. Strange and not well balanced in my opinion.


Traditional Lager

213) Saranac Black Forest - The Black Forest is a Schwarzbier. This is only the 3rd that I've had so I really don't know much about the style. Poured a dark brown with a thin tan head that dissipated quickly. Aromas were of roasted malt and chocolate. Flavor was the same, and there was not much bitterness.


Black Forest

213 down and 152 to go. Tonight I've queued up a bottle I got from Belgium!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?