Monday, August 28, 2006

 

Divine Bar

Last Sunday I went with Tina to Divine Bar, big tapas lounge/wine bar in Midtown. They have 2 locations and we went to the one on the west side.

The decor is really nice and one can picture it packed with people on a Friday or Saturday night. In addition to tapas dishes (which can vary in quality here), they offer numerous wine flights and a good beer selection.

Here are the dishes we had:


Sesame Crusted Chicken w/ Cumin-Ginger-Curry Vinaigrette and Tsatziki Cucumber Dip

- These were ok except the chicken got kind of cold very quickly. Wasn't crazy about either of the dips.


On top: Spicy Beef Satay. In the middle: Quesadilla w/ Sliced Chicken, Ripe Tomato, Sweet Corn, and Cilantro with Vermont Cheddar. On the bottom: Baked Brie w/ Honey Roasted Walnuts and Dates and Apple Slices.

- The beef wasn't that great, and came w/ the same sauce as the chicken.
- Quesadillas were pretty standard stuff.
- The Brie was awesome. I had a bottle of Hitachino Nest Japanese Classic Ale (which doesn't count) and it was an incredible match. The nutty flavors of the brie and the walnut/date mixture paired beautifully with the cedar notes of the beer.

Speaking of beer...

I HAD TWO NEW ONES!!

249) Wachusett Blueberry - I continue to be unimpressed/disgusted with fruit beers. I don't know what it is. I like to find subtle fruit flavors and aromas in my beer but I don't like when they are overpoweringly sweet and up front, and I don't like when they taste like flavored seltzer. This is sadly in the flavored seltzer category for me. The Dogfish Head ones (Aprihop, Raison) and Magic Hat #9 are the exceptions for me. I downed the rest of this quickly to get it overwith. Then I ordered the Hitachino.



Second new beer of the night was:

250) Unibroue Maudite - Since it was #250, I wanted to make it something a little special, and I'm glad I chose the Maudite. This is a Belgian style ale with a nice deep caramel color. It looks like syrup. Excellent fruit flavors reminiscent of a fine champagne. Nice caramel flavors blend in with that to bring you to a warm finish.



That's 250 beers with 115 to go. Expect my next update to be a catchup with 5 or 6 new ones on there.

Oh! And who can forget dessert!



We had the Nutella wontons. They was gooooood!

Later!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?