Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

Japanese Recap

I've started to go through the slew of bottles I brought back from Japan. In light of the recent terrorist threats, it seems I have gone to Japan at just the right time, because there is no way I would be allowed to travel with all this beer now.

I would be able to ship it, but that would be a pain in the ass and the wallet.

239) Kamikaze Amber Ale - Pretty straightforward amber ale. The pour looks like a blend of the color of the bottle and the label. I found the caramel malt was pleasant but there was not a lot of hops to balance it out.



240) Baird Shimaguni Stout- Kind of a thinner body than most stouts. This was closer to a porter. Aroma was that of coffee beans with perhaps a hint of earthiness to it. Moderately bitter finish.



So that's where its at now, folks. 240 for the year with 125 to go.

Tonight I will be having another bottle from Japan. It's a bomber, so I think it will be the only one I add tonight. Now there is also an event at the Hop Devil Grill for Southern Tier brewing. I would like to go but I am a little short on cash at the moment.

If you go tonight they are raffling off 2 Yankee tickets for a game against Detroit. Supposedly really good seats too. I have won the last 2 raffles there so maybe a little luck will rub off on you if you read my blog and decide to go!

Tomorrow night the plan is to meet up with some friends and go to a bar I found yesterday. It is a really awesome place and the secret is not out yet, and I want to keep it that way for as long as possible, so I'm not telling you where it is. It's not a great beer place (they have Anchor and Brooklyn only in bottles), but the setting and relaxed atmosphere more than makes up for it. If it starts to get crowded I will write about the place, but until then my lips are sealed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?