Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

"Wanna go to the Ginger Man?" ...uh...SURE!

So the other day at work I get a phone call on my outside line.

Hmm.. strange...

I debate picking it up in case it might be some silly sales rep trying to bypass the support line... which I am a hardass about.

Luckily I picked this one up. It was Kaval and he asked the above question...

Now that he is working in midtown, I have another drinking partner to go have a quick brew with.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO MEET UP WITH NICK AND JUST "HAVE A QUICK BEER!"

Remember that!

Got to the Ginger Man real quicklike after work and met up with Kaval. PEOPLE JUST KEPT POURING IN!!

Two people he knew were there, and another friend of his showed up. Also Chris made the trek from uptown to have "a beer."

I DONT THINK SO!!!

Started this session with...

235) Stone Ruination IPA - AKA the Cracka Killa! This is a massively hoppy and bitter double IPA. It's balanced, because it has enough malt... but still, this one packs a wallop from the get-go and doesn't let up. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HOPS!


The photo of this and other beers in this entry SUCK due to the darkness of the bar.

It wasn't too crowded even though it was Friday night, which was surprising. After this first beer, I snagged a table for our group.

236) Keegan Ales Mothers Milk Stout - This is from NY. Pretty good stout. Smooth with hints of chocolate and espresso.

Yet again the shitty Blogger photo uploader fails me. Dammit!

237) Jever Pilsener - Awesome pils. More bitter than the others I have had but just as smooth and refreshing.



After this one we moved to the couch area in the back. For the first time on a work night, the Ginger Man was... comfortable.

238) Harviestoun Old Engine Oil - Some of you who have been following this blog for a while may remember that I had the Reserve version of this beer. I thought when I ordered this it was the same so I wasn't going to count it but since it is different it counts. Much the same as the reserve but without the blend of whiskey flavors. Am I in the minority when I say I enjoy the reserve much better than the original?

Didn't snap a pic of this one because I didn't realize it was new to me until I got home.

Kaval and his friend left to the strip club after this and I rode the train home.

That's 238 down and 127 to go. I have 2 more to blog but that will be done later. I want to rebuild my buffer a little bit so I think I will be hitting up the bar on Thursday.

Have a quick beer?

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO MEET UP WITH NICK AND JUST "HAVE A QUICK BEER!"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?