Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

BXL again

Friday night took a trip over to BXL Cafe and had a few new beers. They do a good job on their frites by the way.

257) Tripel Karmeliet - This was just awesome. This is an Abbey tripel, the best I have had so far from this style. This is made with 3 grains. Scent of alcohol and fruity yeast on the nose. Flavor is the same with some sweetness in it. Nice finish with a touch of bitterness.



258) Leffe Brune - Excuse the poor photo below. They turned the lights down after 7pm and it became hard to take a good photo. The one below makes it look like a stout or a porter. This is an abbey dubbel with a deep brown color. Flavor is that of caramel malt with some dark fruit in there as well. Not bad.



Over the weekend I also had another new one, this time from a bottle that was brought back from Belgium as a gift.

259) Bourgogne des Flandres - This is the very first Flemish sour ale I have had. I was afraid it would be too sour and I wouldn't be able to drink it but I rather enjoyed it. The color is a dark red brown with a tan head that fades quickly. The aroma carries with it a hint of cherries. The flavor is actually sweet... definitely a hint of dark cherries, with only a bit of sourness mostly on the finish.



That's where I stand now... 259 for the year and 106 to go. That's still 11 days ahead so I admit I've been slowing it down a little.

This week there will be no going out as I have tickets to all the Mets games but next week I will surely hit up a bar or two.

In my next post, look for a review of "Beerfest" along with any new beers I have between now and then!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?