Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

300 Hitter!

My plan for the rest of the year is to write up an entry about every 5 beers. Because of events in my life, I really don't have the time to post every day, so expect 1 post a week, 2 at most.

296) Wolavers Brown Ale - Got this from Whole Foods the other day. Not a bad brown ale, but nothing special. Kind of light bodied, perhaps because it is organic?



297) Wolavers Wit Bier - Another one picked up from Whole Foods. This is also organic, and has aromas of orange peel, but I didn't get much spice.



298) Hitachino Nest Real Ginger Ale - This was just strange. I couldn't take it. Maybe for someone who doesn't eat a lot of Asian food, it will be ok, but because I eat tons of Asian food the first thing I thought was that I was drinking some soy sauce with ginger.



299) Weyerbacher Merry Monks Ale - A Belgian tripel. Lots of candy like aromas and flavors. 9.3% alc. but you can hardly tell.



300) North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout - Had this earmarked as #300 a while ago, so this bottle has had some time to rest. Probably a top 10 beer for me. This is probably my favorite style of beer. An excellent beer to have as a nightcap.



With that, I have hit the 300 plateau for the year. Only 65 to go. In my next update, look for another witbier, some stouts, and a review of BREWTOPIA!!!

Comments:
Ah, the good old Rasputin! I agree -- it's totally a top 10. In fact, that brewery, North Coast, is probably my favorite American brewery. Everything they make is just outstanding. With the winter months approaching, I strongly recommend trying their Old Stock Ale -- 13% ABV! Also, if you ever find yourself out on the left coast, there is an oyster bar in San Francisco that serves only North Coast beers on tap. One of the best things to do in the city by the bay. Cheers!
 
I'm definitely looking forward to trying more North Coast brews. I've also had the Pranqster and Scrimshaw.

If I'm in SF... I will do that for sure.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?