Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 

Tripel Threat

First off... condolences to the family of Cory Lidle. What a shock...

Now... yet again I'm not really in the mood to blog too much. Half of my life is completely messed up, the other half is unbelievably great.

291) Samuel Smiths Nut Brown Ale - Good brown ale... has some notes of hazelnuts in it. I think that's the key to a good brown ale... some kind of nuttiness.



292) Baltika 6 Porter - Baltic porter... not bad at all. Still such a rare style that I wish was more readily available around here.



293) Herold Cerny Lezák (Bohemian Black Lager) 13° - This is a schwarzbier... and it was fantastic. Great roasted malt flavors abound.



294) Maredsous 10 - A very good abbey tripel. Foamy head... spicy with many subtle flavors.



295) Westmalle Tripel - Even better than the Maredsous. Spicy, powerful flavors. Just a spectacular beer.



295 down and only 70 to go. I'm thinking for the time being I will stick with updating every 5 beers.

I replenished my supply of bottles via Whole Foods tonight. Stay tuned.

And I should mention, don't forget your tickets for Brewtopia. I will attend the Sat. afternoon session.

And although the beers I try at Brewtopia will count towards my overall list... they will not count to this year's total.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?