Friday, November 17, 2006

 

35 to go!

Here's the latest beers I have had...
327) Heavyweight Biere d´Art - A Biere de Garde from the now defunct Heavyweight Brewing Company. Only the 2nd of this style I have had, the other one being Gavroche. I think I like the Gavroche better. This is brewed with French malt and German hops, so in the aroma, you definitely can smell the hops coming through. Interesting contrast... and the bottle displays a nice piece of artwork as well.
328) Rogue Brutal Bitter - Another beer that combines unique malt and hop profiles. The malt here used is English malt, while the hops come from Oregon. A little more aromatic than the usual bitter. Perfectly done.
329) Allagash Musette - Labeled as a scotch ale, aged 3 months in oak bourbon barrels, this actually was fermented with a Belgian yeast strain. Thus, it takes on more of a Belgian quality, which is Allagash's specialty.
330) Westmalle Dubbel - If you recall, I had the Tripel earlier this year. I enjoyed this much more. This was malty and sweet and I really found myself nearly chewing the beer as I drank it, to bring out more of the flavors. Excellent stuff...
I had another one last night, but didn't upload the pic yet... so expect that in the next update.
330 down and only 35 to go!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?