Monday, November 13, 2006

 

A few awesome additions

It's been a very up and down week for me in my life. I've been all over the place emotionally and acting crazy, like a total moron in some cases, and saying things I don't mean to all kinds of people, and walking around in a daze. The lows have been very low but the highs have been very high. I know you're all wondering what the hell I am talking about but I promise I will reveal this by the end of the year and all will be understood.


Times like this call for good beer!


322) Stoudts Triple - Lots of flavors of pears in this one. Pretty sweet and full bodied. A good version of an abbey style ale.





323) Michigan Brewing High Seas India Pale Ale - A very good IPA. I haven't had one in a while... I noticed lately I've had lots of Belgian style ales and ambers. I needed to get punched in the face with some hops and this did the trick. From the Beer of the Month Club. I hope I don't miss out on the next shipment, because I nearly maxed out that credit card they use. If they are reading, please call me! And... maybe I should apply to be the member of the month. If I tell them about the 365 beer quest and how they have been helping me, I should be able to win, especially considering there hasn't seemed to be a winner lately, no?





324) Dogfish Head Golden Shower - First off, one of the most disgusting names for a beer... ever. This is an imperial pilsner. Now, I love everything DH does... but this was maybe a little much for me. I associated a lighter body and crisp refreshment with pilsners, but the additional alcohol in this one made it feel heavy to me. Don't get me wrong... it was good, and the flavors complex, but I don't need a 9% alc. pilsner.





325) Westvleteren Blond - From one of the most sought after breweries in the world comes this gem of a Belgian ale. As my good friend and home brewer Kaval puts it, the best beers are those brewed in small batches. I forget how much I paid to have this shipped to me, and I apologize for violating the monk's wishes regarding the sale of their beer, but I needed to try it. Most Belgian ales are known for having a fuller body but this was light as a feather yet maintained all the depth of flavor you want to see. Just spectacular...





326) Unibroue 15 - A Belgian style strong ale made by our friends up north in Chambly, Canada. Of all the beers in this post, this is my favorite. The aroma was like a great chardonnay and the flavor was likewise. Tastes like apples. I found myself almost chewing the beer in my teeth instead of just drinking it down, because it was very delicious. Tres bien!!





That's where I stand now... I have tried 326 new beers this year and need only 39 more to reach my goal. Part of me honestly thought I might quit at some point during the year, but at this point there is no turning back and no doubting that I will reach my goal. After a year of great ups and downs in my life I at least have this goal to look forward to accomplishing. See you next time...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?