Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Happy Turkey Day!

Alright so its not quite Thanksgiving yet, but let me start by saying Happy Turkey Day! Its one of my favorite holidays even though I won't be drinking beer tomorrow. Turkey day is always reserved for wine and I can't wait to eat my mom's delicious cooking and my neighbor's decadent desserts.

As for the wine... hmm.. I have a great bottle I've been wanting to open for a while. Stay tuned for a post Thanksgiving food update!

Anyways, onto the beer quest.

331) Stoudts Double IPA - Haven't had a double IPA for a while. Even though this was only an average version, I still enjoyed it greatly. However, I don't think this one had as many IBUs as other double IPAs I have had.



332) Rogue HazelNut Brown Nectar - Rogue does it again! First thing I did was email my friends about this one. This was totally awesome! The best brown ale in the world, hands down. Has a subtle nuttiness to it that no other beer has. I will have this one anytime anywhere.




333) De Dolle Dulle Teve 10ยบ (Mad Bitch) - A highly rated abbey ale from Belgium. I thought it was too sweet and the carbonation was overpowering.



334) Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock - This is the first eisbock I've had. Basically its a doppelbock that has been frozen, then the ice (water) has been removed thus concentrating the flavors and increasing the alcohol. I thought it was a bit much. Again, this was my first venture into the world of eisbocks... therefore, I can't really say much. I have another eisbock waiting in the wings, and it is rated higher than this one, so I will speak more about the style after having that.



335) Hair of the Dog Fred - I am actually having this as I write this. I left all the sediment in the bottle. This is listed as a barley wine on rate beer, but it is very hoppy, more like a double IPA. Batch #63 by the way.



Well I only have 30 to go, with 335 in the bag. I need to buy about 15 bottles of stuff I have never had to have enough of a supply to reach my goal. Not sure how many I'll have Thanksgiving weekend, but I'll be back again soon with another update! Enjoy the holiday!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?