Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Less than 50 to go!

Here are the latest beers I've had this week. I had some days where I had more than 1, so my buffer is back up there a little.

311) Julius Echter Hefe-Weiss (Premium) - This is a very good German hefeweizen. Lots of banana aromas are prevalent.



312) Slaapmutske Tripel (Triple Nightcap) - From the Beer of the Month club. Awesome looking foamy head, as you can see below. Pretty average for the style.



313) Schneider Weisse Edel-Weisse - This was frickin spectacular. Banana and citrus aromas and lots of peppery spice on the nose. Get a bottle if you can.



314) t IJ Columbus - Another bottle I got in Whole Foods recently. This is a Belgian style strong ale, but from the Netherlands. Unfortunately, its not very exciting and was probably the worst I have had of this style so far.



315) Chimay White - I had this bottle for a while, maybe I held it too long? It seemed like it had generated some acidity.. but my palate could have also been messed up. It got better as I drank it, but its my least favorite of the Chimay beers.



Last night I went with Big Daddy Cal to see Alice in Chains, which was awesome.

But before that I stopped at Collins Bar to have a quick one.

316) Rogue Hop Heaven - Didn't get a pic, but this was pretty good. Collins Bar is smelling kinda rank lately, by the way. Anyways, this was a nice IPA that is hard to come by.

After that, I got hungry so I went around the corner to the House of Brews for a quick bite and another beer.

317) "Green Valley Brewing" Stone Mill Pale Ale - Don't be fooled. Green Valley Brewing is actually Anheuser-Busch. This is their entry into the microbrew market, which I think is just a big scam of theirs to try and give craft brewing a bad name. This beer sucks and they know this beer sucks. As I said months ago, I believe what they are doing is trying to get the curious beer drinker to drink this flavorless shit in the hopes they will be turned off by craft brewing and go back to the ol' reliable macro crap. Another thing about this... Look at the name. "Stone Mill". What if you tell someone... "hey, you gotta try something by Stone brewing, everything they make is awesome." Then they see this and think its by Stone and are forever put off by it, never to enjoy the Arrogant Bastard or IPA. FUCK YOU AB and your city of St. Louis. You deserve each other.

Rot in hell.

So that's where I'm at... 317 down and 48 to go. Tonight I have a bomber in the fridge but as usual.. no details before the next post!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?