Monday, November 27, 2006

 

Thanksgiving aftermath

Well, I didn't have any beer with my Thanksgiving dinner, but there was some beer to be had anyways over the long weekend. Check out my Flickr gallery on the left if you want to see pics of the food we ate. One of the best Thanksgiving dinners my mom has ever cooked.

Onto the beer...
336) Kulmbacher Eisbock - If you recall in the last update I had my first eisbock and wasn't really crazy about it. This was a much better one. More complex flavor and the balance was better. Much more structure to it than the other one.
337) Michelob Pale Ale - Now things get a little hairy. Whilst shopping with my mom in BJs, we came across a Michelob sampler pack. We bought it mainly for my dad, who will drink anything, but I took the ones I haven't had before to add them to the list. Of all the AB macros, I think Michelob is the best one. This is an English style pale ale, and while its drinkable, its the least interesting one I've ever had. I know the brewers at AB are knowledgable and talented but they should take more risks.
338) Michelob Porter - Not bad at all... This one has a pretty smoky taste to it. This and the Amber Bock by Michelob are the best ones, so maybe they do the darker beers pretty well.
339) Michelob Marzen - Didn't really taste like a marzen. I think it had more in common with a Killians than anything else. Again, the AB execs seem to have a problem with variation. Apparently anything that seems too different is deemed unacceptable for the market.
340) Avery The Beast Grand Cru Ale - Way too syrupy sweet for my taste. 2005 bottling, 14.9% alc. I don't really seem to have a liking for this kind of thing lately.
With only 25 beers to go, future updates will be done countdown style. As of today, there are 34 days left in the year, so I've got a nice lead. Though I am looking to maybe finish this quest a little before Christmas.
See you next time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?