Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

Back in Business

So my illness has past and I am back on the beer bandwagon. Or off the wagon, depending on how you want to look at it.



Also, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.



360) Goose Island Bourbon County Stout - I may have mentioned that imperial stouts are my favorite style, and this was one of the best I have had. This was aged in bourbon barrels and as such, absorbs all kinds of woodsy and smoky characteristics. Really enjoyable nightcap with none of the annoying sweetness of other recent dark beers I have had recently, such as those eisbocks.





361) Whole Foods Lamar St. Pale Ale - Actually contract brewed by the above Goose Island, this is a decent American Pale Ale that was nice and hoppy.





362) Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale - I've added a permanent link to Stone Brewing on the left. They can do no wrong. The oaked version of Arrogant Bastard was just as awesome as the regular one. If you love an in your face strong ale, this is the one for you.




So only 3 more left to reach 365. I am looking at having #365 on New Year's Eve, so between now and then, I have 5 days to have the other 2. Its only a matter of time now!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?