Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

The Final Stretch

It's been a while since my last update, and if you've think I've somehow given up or fallen off the pace you are sadly mistaken.

I am in this for the long haul and I can see the finish line on the horizon.

Let's recap the latest beers I've had...

341) Michelob Bavarian Style Wheat - I gotta hand it to AB here... they did a good job on this and should put this product out there more. Its a well made German hefeweizen, with all the flavors and aromas you are looking for. I think the low ratings it has been getting on RateBeer.com are more because of where it comes from than anything else. But AB did a good job on this.





342) Mahrs Bräu Festtags Weisse - I had this right after the Michelob... as you can see, the pour is much darker on this one. Has a little more body to it. This one came from the Beer of the Month club and was pretty decent.





343) Sand Creek Wild Ride IPA - Another one from the club, which I think I am going to leave for financial reasons more than anything else. Anyways, this was a pretty good IPA. I liked the hop bitterness in this one. Excellent complexity brought out on the finish.





344) Jopen 4 Granen Bokbier - Also from the club... This is a dunkler bock and the first one I've had. Excuse the cruddy photo... I decided to test my camera phone. The pour is a dark brown/red. Huge foamy head as you can see. Flavor is mainly nutty/smoky.





345) Schneider Aventinus - One of the more highly touted weizen bock's out there. Huge head that seemingly lasts forever. I liked the Victory Moonglow a lot better though for some reason. Still this is very powerful and intense to drink.





346) Grand Teton Bitch Creek ESB - This is a top-rated ESB but I don't think I got a good bottle. Everything just seemed kind of flat. I have 2 others saved so I will give it another go.





347) Delirium Noël - Had this one last night at the Ginger Man. Has a light brown/red color to it. Lots of caramel flavors with some spice notes. 10% alc. by volume. A good winter brew.





347 down leaving just 18 to go. I'm 6 days ahead of pace if I want to finish by the end of the year. With the last beer I also have completed 95% of the goal. Stay tuned as I come down the final stretch for the year.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?