Thursday, December 28, 2006

 

Just one away...

I don't know what else to start with other than saying right now I am having beer #364 and I realize I am just 1 frickin' beer away from having had 365 beers I have never previously tried this year.
By the way I am still having trouble shaking this cough. It's really annoying, because I'm going to San Francisco in less than 4 days.
Here are the latest two:
363) Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter - FRICKIN AWESOME! I love this style... Maybe its my half-Baltic (Lithuanian) roots. But I love big beers that have a huge, smoky, chocolately, rich, not sweet profile. This has that and is going to be my go-to Baltic Porter now that Heavyweight is closed and I can't get the Hammer. There is apparently a Swedish Baltic Porter that has surpassed my intended 365th beer as the top rated in the world. I will have to investigate.
364) Rochefort Trappistes 10 - This is dark and full of flavor. Distinct plum aroma. Lots of dark fruits in the flavor with the complexity of a fine wine. Oh man I just had the last sip and that last bottle is tempting me...
364 down.... 1 TO GO!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?