Friday, December 29, 2006

 

Mission Accomplished!

The quest is over... Mission Accomplished...

I have had 365 beers this year... none of which I have previously tasted before.

As I sit here sipping beer #365, I realize that what I've done is nothing great... its just something that took a lot of patience and discipline to accomplish.

Anyway, that was it... my 365 Days of Beer. Have a Happy One...

365) Westvleteren Abt 12 - So this is the legendary Westy 12... The top rated beer in the world, and one of the rarest. I'm sipping this one slowly, to fully enjoy it. Right off the bat I will say I don't think its the best beer I've ever had. That honor still belongs to the Victory Storm King Imperial Stout. But, its damn complex. Pours a dark brown/ruby color with a tan head that lasts a long time. Aroma is complex... apples... raisins... plums.... chocolate... carmelized sugar... etc. Flavor is very complex too... spices... all of the above flavors... and the finish just lasts forever. Mouthfeel is incredibly smooth, almost like drinking melted butter or cream. A fine way to end the night, and the 365 Days of Beer.


Comments:
Excellent job! The Cracka and all his followers applaud your work. We will require some kind of a year in review ranking of the best/worst. What do you got for next year? 365 vinos?

-Cracka
 
Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing the journey with us.
 
cracka - a top 10 best/worst is forthcoming. as for doing 365 wines in 07, that is something i thought about but its too easy. you can easily go to any wine shop and try several hundred new ones at any time.

mary sue - thanks for following my progress this year
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?